We listen to schools and teachers to learn how their school’s summer and enrichment programs work. We get an understanding of what they’re already doing to support the students that need it most. With this understanding, we work with them to implement the most enriching summer experience possible for their students.
Listen & Learn
• We start by speaking to schools, administrators, and teachers in need to learn about how their school currently runs summer enrichment programs for student.
• This helps us to understand what kind of support they need, how their programs are funded, and what we can do to help them transform their summer programs into the ultimate tech and design learning experience for their students.
• We work together to find a teacher at the school or from within the district to lead camp and be our Classroom Champion. This teacher needs no experience in coding or design, they need to have an understanding of growth mindset and a passion to teach their students the skills they’ll need for a fast moving future. We’ll work with the district to ensure our Champion is rewarded for their initiative.
Plan & Propose
• Using what we learn along with an understanding of the budget that schools are working with, we assemble a package of resources to fit their needs. Everything from training for the educator, resources to run the program, advertising to recruit students, and funding to ensure that educators are paid fairly for the effort and energy they bring to each camp their teaching. Schools agree to the proposal and we kick things off.
• We provide educators with lesson plans, scope and sequence, as well as a flexible structure for every single day of camp. The resources they need for students are available online or will arrive on site 2-4 weeks before the first day of camp.
•Educator training will happen online on the educator’s schedule. We’ll put together a plan of what they’ll do, at what time, and a Success Manager from Curiosity Foundation will keep them on track and ensure they have all of the support they need.
Support & Measure
• Every student participating in a Design + Tech camp must take a skills test at the start and end of camp to help our team track educational outcomes for reporting to donors as well as to help us figure out where we can improve the service we’re providing.
• Educators also take a skills test as well as participate in an exit survey to help us understand what they gained from the experience, what we can do better, and most importantly, how they’ll be integrating their new found skills into the classroom in the new year.
• Students and teachers will join the Curiosity Foundation social network where they can share their portfolio with students and teachers from across the United States to foster a sense of community and to help students take pride in what they’ve learned and what they’ve created. Our social network helps us to stay connected to students and offer them opportunities to learn, earn, and build a pathway to a future in technology.
Help us bring tech & design to every student in America!
We’re serving under-served schools and rewarding teachers for the fantastic work they do in preparing the next generation of engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs.